Mourners and symphathisers paid their last respect to New Era journalist, the late Desie-Waar Heita at a memorial service in Windhoek on Tuesday. They described the late Heita as versatile, erudite and a robust writer who spoke about justice, especially on behalf of the deprived sections of society. During the memorial service held at NIPAM in Windhoek, speakers hailed Heita as an impartial writer whose work touched lives across the length and breadth of the nation. ICT Deputy Minister Engel Nawatiseb says the media landscape has lost a diligent and committed journalist. New Era Publications Chief Executive Officer Dr Audrin Mathe bemoaned the loss of the late journalist, saying Heita had been a valued member of his team since joining the company in 2008. NBC’s Director General remembers Heita as an integral part of all great media undertakings. Heita’s colleagues, friends and family who are still finding it hard to come to terms with his death said he will always be remembered as a team player whose legacy shall always live on. The late journalist passed away aged 39 in the early hours of Thursday morning in an alleged curious accident. At the time of his death, Heita, who has been with New Era for 10 years, was an associate editor assigned to weekly Kundana newspaper and managing the New Era Business Desk. He will be buried on Saturday in Ondangwa.
Sydney
29
℃
November 30, 2025

